Close

History

The history of settling downtown banks is very old. The poet has taken a beautiful picture of the victory of Purushottam Shriram, the title of “V Tamas Tamasya Saru Tata”. Obviously, sadhana rishis, from the Mughals, have been scattered around the river, Saru, Ghaghra and Tamsa have been providing meditation to the people of the earth and are still doing it today. The Ambedkar Nagar district, which is situated on the affronted plot by the water waves of holy Salila Saru and Tamsa, is known by many perspectives. This land has seen all the ups and downs before coming to the district of ashtav.

Akbarpur, the district headquarters of Ambedkar Nagar, came into existence with the announcement of the creation of a large crowd of Shivababa by the then Chief Minister Mayawati on September 29, 1995, separated from Faizabad. The city is located at an altitude of 133 meters (436 feet) above sea level and 26.431 degrees north, latitude and 82.540 degrees east longitude. The total area of ​​the Ambedkar Nagar district, divided into five tehsils and ten blocks, is 2350 sq km. Where according to the 2011 census, 23,97,888 people (twenty five thousand eight thousand eight hundred and forty eight eight hundred) live in the house. Whose number has increased to around 25 lakh now. There are a total of 1750 revenue villages in the district. In total, 930 gram panchayats, three municipalities and two Nagar Panchayats are formed.

Prior to the creation of the district, this area used to be part of Faizabad district. At that time, this area was divided into two tehsils of Akbarpur and Tanda. Meanwhile, on 22nd June, 1989, the then Chief Minister Narayan Dutt Tiwari and the then Revenue Minister Mata Prasad split some parts of Akbarpur, in view of the demand of the people, created Jalalpur tehsil. Further on seeing the Janmang after the district creation, on December 7, 1995, then Governor Motilal Bora decided to constitute Tanda Tehsil. Whom the then Mandalayak had embodied on 1 January 1996. At the same time, Alapur  Tehsil came into existence. Meanwhile, on October 31, 2007, Bheti tehsil was created for some parts of Akbarpur tehsil. Thus, the district has a total of five tehsils. It was not 930 gram panchayats and Ambedkar Nagar district, spread across 1757 revenue villages, was  divided into 9 development blocks. Which include Akbarpur, Tanda, Baskhari, Ramnagar, Jahangirganj, Bhiyaon, Jalalpur, Katehari and  Bhiti. If you look at the historical point of view then get it. The Akbarpur city, which has been made the headquarters of the Ambedkar Nagar district, is in a very desolate area in the Nawabi period. Until the 6th century of the sixteenth century, this region was part of a thundering forest. When the emperor Akbar arrived here in 1566 AD, the city came into existence. Get the description. In 1566, the place where Samrat Akbar came here and stayed here is known today as Tehsil Tiraha. In the meantime, he constructed a mosque for the beside the Tehsil Tiraha. Which is today known as the Fortress Mosque. At the same time, he also had a settlement which was named as Akbarpur, which is today known as District Headquarter. Explains that there was no way to cross the Tamas to get ahead from here. For which Emperor Akbar had built a wooden bridge which was known for many days as the Shahi bridge. This bridge connects Akbarpur and Shahzadpur in today’s changed format.

Historians say that after the construction of the Shahi Bridge, Shahzadpur and Jalalpur settlements were populated by their surname on the instructions of Samrat Akbarpur, which further got recognition of funeral. Today the same settlements are famous as a good town. The Rajbharas ruled around 1300 AD, around the Jalalpur town known as the important part of the district. Bhujuji and Surhurpur had two princes. In which Surahpur princely state was won by Sayyid Salar Masoud Ghazi alias Gazi Mian and the Bhujya princely state occupied by the Rajputs. Nakipur settled in the name of the Iranian sardar, Naki who came here during this time, which is now famous as the city of Nagpur. In the Nawabi period the area started to be recognized, which went ahead in Agra’s rule. Muslim rulers constructed Imambadas, mosques, Idgahs, and Dharmashals, while the British created schools, hospitals, bridges, tehsils, blocks, railway stations. After independence in 1947, local citizens started breathing free. After the first election in 1952, the Livelihood Elimination Bill came to haunt poor, laborers and workers with landless people. Although efforts were made to develop this region after independence, but from the last days of the twenty-first century, the beginning of the twenty-first century can be called the golden age of Ambedkar Nagar. Because the then Chief Minister Mayawati of the then state government made it her own landlord, Ruwaroop proved her blessing for Ambedkar Nagar. The results are in front of everyone today. Ambedkarnagar is very spectacular on the national horizon today.